Call Us: (587) 400-1222
Life is full of challenges, and these hurdles help shape us into strong individuals capable of overcoming whatever comes our way. However, one of the most difficult obstacles to overcome is a flooded basement.
The basement lies at the foundation of your home, and failing to give the problem your prompt attention can lead to further damage and thousands more in costs. Not to mention, you also run the risk of the development of health hazards when mold, fungus, and spores are able to develop.
The scope of the problem is likely overwhelming, and, unless you have the tools and knowledge, it can be very difficult to get the job done right. That’s where our staff can help. We offer basement flood cleanup services in the area, and we have the latest equipment in the industry to quickly get the job done with the level of quality you deserve.
We understand the significant investment you made in your home, and that’s why we’ll do everything in our power to prioritize the work you need done.
The Many Reasons to Choose Rem Pros Calgary
Something about our business that gives us a sense of pride is that we’re locally owned and operated. This means that we have a vested interest in the community we serve, and you can take advantage of the fact that we’ll treat you like a member of our family. We make it a goal to help homeowners just like you in the area properly assess the damage as well as determine its extent.
A recent study revealed that homeowners who perceived their most recent damages as severe or very severe were far more likely to file a claim than homeowners who perceived their damages as minor or very minor. Those who did not were more inclined to ignore the problem until it became much worse.
Our staff gets to work to ensure you don’t become another statistic. We understand that money can be tight, and, all too often, homeowners choose to ignore the problem because they don’t think they can afford it. That’s why we offer help to ensure you don’t spend any more than you have to.
Our free initial quote allows you to better prepare for the costs to come while also avoiding additional expenses that inevitably arise when the situation is left to fester. We can even help you document the damage to make things easier when you get in contact with your insurance provider.
Flood Damaged Walls
In the basement flood and restoration business, we’ve seen enough damage to know that one of the most vulnerable areas of your basement is the walls. This is because they’re typically made from porous material such as drywall that is highly susceptible to water damage.
Ceilings and floors can also prove to be difficult problem areas. That’s why our staff gets started focusing on these areas quickly. When we arrive at your home, we’ll thoroughly inspect the entirety of the basement flooding and determine the level of severity to develop the best plan of action. Our flooded basement drywall repair protocol is as follows:
- Wash out any mud, dirt, and debris.
- Remove wallboard, plaster, and paneling up to flood-level. These materials act as a sponge, and any contaminated water that is soaked up can pose health threats.
- Assess areas of the wall that can be salvaged to keep your prices low.
- Perform basement flood repair and replacement services to get your basement back in business.
We understand how highly stressful basement flooding can be, and that’s why our contractors work with you directly during every point of the process. We make it a goal to keep you updated throughout the various stages we go through to ensure you are aware of our action plan and what to expect next.
Basement Flooding Causes
Basement flooding can be difficult to avoid, and that’s because there are so many different causes. As a homeowner, it’s up to you to keep your home maintained, and understanding aspects of your home that could provide an optimal scenario for the development of an emergency basement flooding incident can put you ahead of the game. Just a few of the common catalysts include:
- The home may have simply been built in an unsuitable area. If your home sits on a lower elevation on your estate, this means rainwater naturally drains toward it, making it more susceptible to basement flooding. It is worth noting that, over time, leveling due to erosion can fix this problem.
- Poor sealings at floors and walls.
- Blockage in the guttering system. In this case, call your local water authority and a professional basement flood damage repair technician as the blockage can cause significant damage to the overall structural integrity of your home.
- Drainage system is improperly installed.
A seemingly insignificant detail can be the cause of significant flooding, and that’s why it’s important to have the professionals assess the scene. We have the latest tools in the industry, and we can get to the bottom of your problem even if it is hard to pinpoint.
Who Should I Call If My Basement is Flooded?
Let’s face it. When we notice that there is a flooding situation in the basement, it can be hard not to panic. After all, this is the base of the home, and we all know how much damage standing water can cause.
Time is of essence in these situations, and it’s important not to let a minute go to waste. The first thing you should do is pick up the phone and contact the professionals. This is because the consequences of flooding develop quickly. In fact, the early stages of mold can begin forming within just hours.
When you work with our staff, you’ll quickly realize that we take your situation personally, and we get there quickly in order to ensure minimal damages are sustained. In fact, if you live within Calgary city limits, you can expect one of our skilled professionals to arrive at your home within 45 minutes.
Best of all, we understand that these situations don’t arise on a typical schedule, and that’s why we make ourselves available 24/7 to ensure we’re there to take the call whenever you may need our help.
What to Do If Your Basement is Flooded
Once our staff arrives, we immediately begin taking the necessary remediation steps. However, when every second counts, there are things you can do to ensure every possible action to salvage your belongings and your home’s structure is performed. While you wait for our arrival, you are encouraged to:
- Turn off the electricity at the breaker to reduce the risk of shock.
- Turn off the water main if the flooding was a result of internal plumbing to eliminate further issues.
- Remove valuables from the impacted area to minimize damage if this can be safely accomplished.
- If you own a sump pump, you can get a head-start on the extraction process. If not, you could also begin removing water using buckets.
It’s crucial to stay ahead of further damage, and these steps can help get the remediation process started. When our staff arrives, however, we can take over using the latest tools in the industry along with our years of knowledge.
How to Prevent Basement Flooding in the Future
A flooded basement can prove to be a homeowner’s worst nightmare. Whether you just finished the remediation process or simply want to employ preventive measures to best ensure you don’t fall victim in the first place, there are a few steps you can take:
- Make a hole in one of the basement walls to allow potential flooding an escape route.
- For sewage backup relief, install a check valve.
- At least twice per year, take some time to clean out all the gutters, extend rain gutter downspouts, and perform any other maintenance necessary.
- If you have trees located close to your sewage line, have them inspected to see if their rooting system could become problematic. It is sometimes necessary to have these trees removed to avoid serious problems.
For more helpful tips as well as information regarding the action the City of Calgary takes to prevent flooding, visit their website.
Quality Work at a Price You Can Afford
This is a trying time for your family, and it can be difficult to find the support you need. Our staff is here to offer a shoulder to lean on, and we can help lead you to the light at the end of the tunnel. From documenting damage for insurance purposes to replacing heavily damaged walls and more, we’re here to help you explore your options and get your home back to normal working order.
We understand these situations catch you by surprise, and that’s why we help you manage your budget by offering a free initial inspection. This allows us to provide you a reasonable quote to help you work this unexpected work into your finances. We also offer:
- Senior discounts
- Five-year guarantee
- Expedited services for emergency situations
Your home is your castle, and we make it our goal to maintain its integrity. You can rely on our credentials as we are certified with the Institution of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration and members of the BBB and Homestars, so call today to schedule for your free quote.