Fire & Smoke Restoration
Call Us: (587) 400-1222
During the course of your lifetime, you’ll make a variety of investments, and you do this with the hopes that they’ll eventually pay off. One of the most significant you’ll make is in your home. Here, you’ll create special memories with the people who matter the most, and homes are known to increase in value over time.
However, there are unexpected circumstances that can and will come up along the way, and, as a homeowner, it will be up to you to take care of them. One of the most devastating is fire and smoke damage.
Long after the flames are extinguished, you’ll still be left with a plethora of remaining problems to deal with. From contacting insurance companies to restoration and more, the to-do list can become overwhelming. The staff here at Calgary Remediation Pros is ready and waiting to take an enormous amount of stress off your plate, and we have the tools and experience to get your home back as close to its original condition as possible.
Why Choose Calgary Remediation Pros?
When it comes to your home, our staff understands how important it is to get this type of work done quickly but without compromising on quality. We’re here to do just that. We’ve been proudly offering our services to the area, and we are locally owned and operated, so you can rest assured in the fact that we have a vested interest in the community and people we serve.
We have been in the business long enough to keep up with the latest technologies available in fire damage restoration Calgary, and we have the knowledge to put our state-of-the-art tools to efficient use. Other advantages you can enjoy when you put the future of your home in our hands include:
- We are registered with both the BBB and Homestars.
- You get to work with an IICRC Certified contractor through every step of the process.
- For emergency issues, we are able to arrive at your home within 45 minutes of your call if you live within Calgary city limits.
Our primary goal is to get your home back up and functional as quickly as possible. This is a very difficult time in your life, and everything likely feels like a whirlwind right now. However, we have been in the industry long enough to ensure you that there is hope for your home, and we put our all into getting you back on your feet.
Smoke and Fire Damage Health Concerns
For anyone who has never experienced a house fire, it can be easy to assume the health risks are gone once the fire is extinguished. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. The lingering damage remaining is cause for immediate concern, and individuals such as those with heart or lung disease, children, and the elderly have increased risks. Among the symptoms you may develop include:
- Burning, watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Scratchy throat
- Irritated sinuses
- Illnesses such as bronchitis
- Aggravation of preexisting conditions such as asthma and chronic heart and lung diseases
On their website, the Environmental Protection Agency offers more information for anyone who thinks they may be suffering with physical side effects of smoke or fire damage.
Aside from the integrity of your home, our staff is also concerned with your health and well-being. You can count on us to perform a thorough job, and we’re here to answer any concerns you may have through the entire course of the cleanup process.
A Quick Walk Through the Remediation Process
When it comes to fire and smoke damage, there is a very specific process that must follow the initial event. This is because this type of damage is known to spread, and failure to address it right the first time can lead to further frustrations, expenses and damage to the home.
However, when you entrust our company, you can rest assured that we have a time-tested process that we go through to best ensure the entire smoke damage restoration process is performed thoroughly and with expedience. We want you to understand what’s going on at each point of the process, and that’s why we’re happy to share with you our general technique:
- Complete assessment of the damage zone- We will start the process by thoroughly inspecting the home. Not only do we focus on the area of immediate impact, but, since smoke is able to travel throughout the home, we leave no stone unturned.
- Cordon off any area with potential health and safety hazards- One of our primary goals is to ensure you and your loved ones are safe, and that’s why we visibly mark off all dangerous areas.
- Water removal and cleanup- It’s likely water was used to extinguish the fire. While this proves beneficial to initially correct the problem, it leaves behind standing water that can quickly cause further damage and even encourage the development of harmful mold, fungus, and spores. Our staff gets to work using our state-of-the-art tools to remove the water and ensure everything is dry before moving on.
- Smoke and soot removal- When house fires occur, soot and smoke are known to accumulate on areas such as walls, floors, ceilings, and your personal belongings. We even have specialized technology to put to good use such as ozone treatment for smoke damage to provide the best chance for you to restore as much as possible.
- Smoke smell removal- We understand that aesthetics aren’t everything, and the odor left behind after a fire can be overwhelming. We perform odor removal services that can get things smelling like normal again.
- Sanitation- Before we begin restoring your home, we take the time to clean and sanitize it as well as belongings we feel optimistic about salvaging. We also remove those items you’ll have to part with.
- Restoration- Now that the threat of exacerbated water, smoke, and soot damage has been removed, we can begin the process of fixing the basic structure of the home. As we go through the process, you can spend some time envisioning the possibilities as this can prove to be a great time to think of new colors and styles to try out to mark the start of a new beginning in your home.
What to Do If You Have Fire and/or Smoke Damage
Even if the fire that impacted your family was relatively minor, there’s still a good chance you sustained damage that needs immediate attention. When it comes to fire and smoke damage, time is of essence. This is because the lingering remnants are known to cause even further issues when left to sit and fester. If you suspect you have fire or smoke damage, you should:
- If you have a home safety plan, the first thing to do is to ensure everyone is present at a predetermined safe place. Once you arrive, call the Calgary Fire Department to provide immediate relief.
- Once you have help on the way, give our office a call. We understand that these situations can and do present themselves at the most inopportune times, and that’s why we make ourselves available 24/7 in order to ensure we’re ready when the moment arises. Best of all, for emergency situations, we are able to get to your site within 45 minutes with all the necessary equipment if you live within Calgary city limits.
- We do our best to create an area where you can still perform your daily functions in the home without getting in the way. However, it’s oftentimes more comfortable and accommodating for you to find temporary living arrangements as we perform our work.
- Once our work is complete, it’s a good idea to create an action plan in the event this type of devastation were to raise its ugly head in the future. The entire family should be on the same page, and you can even ensure the home meets safety standards through the inclusion of tools such as smoke alarms and fire extinguishers.
Many More Years of Fun and Memories
It can be difficult to see the silver lining when facing these kinds of circumstances. After all, not only did you endure a terrifying experience, but now you have to come to terms with the fact that many of your personal items and belonging of significance that can never be replaced are gone.
Our staff understands, and we’ve worked with dozens of clients in your same situation. What we can tell you is that it does get better. Life is full of challenges, and the way we work through them largely determines the level of character we’ll develop.
When you work with us, we’ll help you find the light at the end of this tunnel. We take pride in acting as your guide while you make this unexpected journey. Best of all, we understand that money can be tight, and many of our clients find themselves unprepared financially to face the many expenses to come. That’s why we offer free inspections.
This allows you to manage your budget. We can help you determine the best plans to keep costs low. With our senior discounts and a five year guarantee, you can feel confident that you’ll be receiving quality work at a price you can afford, so pick up the phone today and get your free quote.