Call Us Immediately for Water Damage Restoration Services
Life is an adventure, and it’s often the unexpected circumstances that occur that make it exciting. However, there are some instances where unforeseen situations can throw your life in turmoil.
As a homeowner, it’s up to you to take care of any issues that come up, and when heavy rain or other unexpected flooding occurrences arise, you can quickly find things turned upside down. Water damage is serious business, and failing to act expediently can cause even bigger problems later on down the road.
The problem most homeowners facing residential water damage restoration face is that they don’t have the tools and experience to get the job done right. That’s where Calgary Remediation Pros can help. We are locally owned and operated, and we’ve proudly provided our services to people in the area facing the same circumstances as you.
With our combination of state-of-the-art equipment and expertise, we can help you as you make your way down the road to the recovery of your home.
Why Choose Us For Water Damage Cleaning Services
Cleaning up water damage is a time consuming job, and it’s important to consider wisely as you weight your options when it comes to reviewing water damage restoration companies.
When you choose to work with a professional mitigation contractor here at Calgary Remediation Pros, you’ll quickly find that we take the severity of your situation personally, and we make it our goal to treat you like a part of our family. Just some of the valuable services we bring to the table include:
- Round-the-clock availability to ensure we’re there whenever you need us most
- Flood damage drywall repair
- Complete drying services to best prevent the development of harmful mold and fungus
- Emergency flood repair services
- Complete house flood cleanup
- Garage flood cleanup
- Ceiling water damage repair
- Hardwood floor water damage repair
This is a trying time for you and your family, and we are there with you from start to finish. We are in the business of giving back to our customers what they cherish the most. Your home is likely one of your largest investments, and we make it our mission that an unfortunate situation doesn’t have long-lasting consequences.
While the situation seems desperate in the moment, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it’s our job to guide you to it.
Water Damaged Walls, Ceiling, and Flooring
When water damage strikes, some of the most vulnerable aspects that must be quickly addressed are the walls, ceilings, and flooring. This is because they are typically made using wood materials, which are porous and susceptible to rotting and warping when water is present. Our staff has access to the proper tools to identify potential water issues even if they aren’t visible to the eye.
This allows us to quickly identify the biggest risk factors and get started on them quickly. We take a systematic approach to helping you recover from water damage to walls and similar areas related to the overall structure of your home by employing the following technique:
- Determine if there’s a leak behind walls or within the floor to first stop the problem from becoming worse.
- Before placing down tarps and other protective coverings, we first remove any drywall that’s too heavily damaged to be repaired.
- We then begin to repair the damage, and this includes the application of prime and paint.
- Finally, we don’t want to leave you with a mess, so we thoroughly clean the construction zone to leave your house feeling like home again.
Garage Flood Cleanup
Your garage houses a number of critical tools and items that are stored away for safekeeping. However, flood waters can also impact this area of the home, and we have just the tools to get the restoration job done. Just some of the services we can offer if you’ve experienced this type of damage include:
- Garage floodwater extraction and cleanup
- Garage repairs and restoration
- Garage flooding prevention inspection to prevent future problems
When you work with a specialist with our company, you’ll quickly realize they take the time to address your concerns. We understand the significant investment made in your home, and that’s why we make it one of our many goals to ensure you understand exactly what’s going on during every step of the process.
Starting the Garage Restoration Process
Flood damage restoration is an intricate process, and we quickly get to work ensuring the integrity of the areas most prone to significant damage. We start by extracting moisture from the fixtures, walls, and flooring. Next, we use our equipment to begin a thorough drying including the use of dehumidifiers and antimicrobial cleaners in order to best ensure mold and fungus don’t get the chance to spread.
Finally, we get to work making the necessary repairs to best ensure your garage returns to normal. Some of the things we’ll address include:
Common Issues From Water Damage
As a homeowner, there are certain things you likely dread, and sustaining water damage is likely high on that list. However, many don’t realize the extent of the damage that can be expected. While you likely understand you run the risk of losing a number of your personal belongings and that the structure of your home is at risk, there are other dangers that aren’t as obvious but pose serious threats. Unfortunately, the damage begins to occur quickly. Within just minutes:
- Staining occurs to wood, metal, and carpeting
- Damage spreads beyond the site of impact
- Paper goods begin to swell
Within hours of the start of the flooding situation, you can expect:
- the appearance of fungus notable by a strong, musty odor
- Internal swelling and warping of pianos and organs
- Increase in musty odor
- Tarnishing on metal surfaces that aren’t coated
If the water is allowed to sit for days, homeowners can expect to experience the following effects:
- Musty smells that begin to manifest with the appearance of fungi
- Rusting developing on the surface of uncoated metals
- Warping and splitting wood decking, window castings, joists, and studs
- Electronic components impacted may begin to malfunction
- Indoor Air Quality health hazards may become a concern
- Members of the household with health problems may experience an increase in symptoms
Water damage repair left unattended for weeks will cause the development of:
- A transition from a grey water situation to black water
- Erosion of natural fibers and paper covering on drywall due to mold
- Serious health hazards which can significantly increase liability on insurance claims
Prepared homeowners put themselves in the best position to prevent problems from occurring in the first place, and the government of Canada can help them do just that. On their site, they offer valuable information regarding the Flood Damage Reduction Program that can help you protect your home and your family from harm.
What to Do If You Have Water Damage
Water damage typically comes as a surprise to homeowners, and that’s why it can be difficult to quickly get to the root of the problem. You likely aren’t sure what to do first. Our staff wants to ensure everything is done to minimize as much damage as possible.
While we are able to be there in 45 minutes for emergency flood within city limits, there are some steps you can take to speed up the process. Just some of the things you can do while you wait for our complete flood damage assessment include:
- Turn off the water main as well as the electricity on the breaker box.
- If it can be done safely, remove valuables at risk of becoming damaged.
- If you have a sump pump, begin extracting standing water.
Precautions to Take
There are numerous dangers involved with any flood cleanup situation, and our staff wants to ensure you and your loved ones are safe. For starters, raise any electrical components in the damaged area to prevent them from making contact. You should also call the local city office to have the appropriate authorities assess the situation to inform you of the condition.
After that, call our office so we can get an IICRC Certified specialist on their way to ensure the home is stable and safe and perform the necessary flood restoration services.
Preventing Future Flooding Issues
The best time to nip a flooding issue in the bud is before it ever happens, and there are some preventive measures you can take to protect your future interests. The City of Calgary offers a helpful residential flood readiness checklist on their website with these tips and many more:
- Checking eavestroughs and downspouts
- Filling visible foundation cracks
- Purchasing a backwater valve
- Checking and maintaining lot grading annually
Water Damage Restoration Services You Can Count On
When it comes to water damage, quick attention is a must, and you can get the expedience you need when you work with our reliable staff. We are registered with both Homestars and the BBB, so you can rest assured quality is important to us. Best of all, with our five year guarantee, senior discounts, and free inspections, you can more easily fit this unexpected situation into your budget, so call us today to receive a free quote.